Pages

About Me

My photo
Dubai, -, United Arab Emirates
In short Friendly and Romantic :D

O'clock

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Training Session Reflection



According to our Management Information System course MIS”; every student had to prepare a training session related to Google which are the Web 2.0 Tools. In this Post I’m going to explain briefly about each topic and things I liked or disliked about them.

1- First of all I’m going to talk about my topic which was Google Reader “an RSS Feed”. There are much more other readers you can download or view online but Google Reader is one of the most used reader, because it is free, online and easy to use anywhere. Basically RSS stands for Rich Site Summary where you can view all your updated articles, websites, news sites, videos or any interesting topic that you visit every day.  You only need to subscribe to them and you are done. If you use Smart Phone such as IPhone you can synchronize your subscriptions through an application called Feeddler. You can view all the description related to this app from HereAs I don’t have specific websites that I use regularly,I think it won’t be beneficial for me at this point of time although i tires to use it to updating regarding job vacancies. Maybe in the future I will use it more … who knows.. 

                                                           

2- Moving on to the next topic which is Google Calendar, it is basically a normal calendar that puts all your tasks, appointments and important events.  The interesting part of it that you can add extra calendars such as the Islamic Holidays. Other than that you can select a calendar and synchronize it with your smart phones.



3 Google Chrome is a browser where you have the opportunity to customize your browser by adding your favorite themes. Moreover there is an application store where you can download games and applications and other interesting stuff. Besides there are some icons such as panic button, where you can hide all the browsers and just show the main page, and the note anywhere button where you can take notes while surfing the internet. 
I found using Google Chrome more interesting than
using internet explorer because the features I have 
mention and the speed as well.


4- Talking about Google Docs; it’s a website where you’ll have the opportunity to share documents, presentations, spread sheets and much more. You can also make online surveys. I found this very useful since we can share all the things we need while preparing our group projects and reports. Moreover we can chat with each other, discuss and see the changes done by the members. If you are not satisfied with the current version of your report you have the choice of restoring the previous versions which I liked it a lot.       

   

5- Another topic was about Social bookmarking “Delicious”. This topic attracted me a lot because by using this website we can add all the articles and websites to it with brief description of the article in order to know what this article was about. Moreover we can create stacks according to each topic or put labels so that whenever you need an article about a specific topic you don’t need to search a lot you will easily find it straight away. Actually I used it for my Industry Project and it was very useful and I think I will be using it in the future. In addition I suggest that these kinds of topics should be taught in the foundation or even before because it will make the students more organized and will save their time and energy. 




6- Twitter is one of the social networks that used across the world by everyone such as individuals, celebrities, scientists, religious people and more. I am using this social network since 2010 for that reason the training session wasn’t that beneficial for me as I knew nearly everything about it. Twitter is mainly about following people that interests you and share with them your thoughts, your movements and updated news about yourself in only 140 characters. 
As of now I have 24 followers and I’m following 41 people that also include UAE Barq, which tweets all the updated news about UAE. Other than that, I’m following some poetry groups which tweet different poems from variety of poets.


7- Talking about Picasa, I knew about it before the training session but I didn’t use it a lot. But after Nadia introduced it to us I really liked it, as there are many of our pictures that need to be modified a bit such as lightning, crops, add frames, soft focusing and much more. In addition Picasa also help you make photo collages or movies which are my favorite.


8- What to say about Blog… actually blog is all about making your site and put in all your favorite posts and share it with your Google friends. You can do lots of things in blogger for instance; you can add pictures, slide shows, videos and games beside your stories. Moreover you can choose interesting gadgets and add them in your side bar such as links, share it button, calendars, RSS feeds and more. After using blog, to post “My Interests” I think it is a very nice site to use and also a useful activity where you can share your words and memories.




9- G-mail: is a Google email where you can do different things along with sending e-mails such as creating your Tasks, chat with your friends by writing or calling by voice or video  which will make your chat fabulous. G-mail has more storage capacity which make the users like it more than Hotmail or Outlook. 




10- Google Earth: by this program you can easily find out locations of the places you like and view pictures provided. You are also able to put your own Place marks with your photos and save them as KMZ file which will enable others to know your favorite places once you send them this file. As I don’t travel often I think I will not need Google Earth, but maybe I might use it for searching some local places.


11- Google Site: This is one of the ways you can create your own site which is free and easy to use. I used Google site to create a learning site which will enable you to learn Google features in a easy steps. I liked it but not as  much as Blogs.



12- Facebook: I used Facebook long time back.. it is all about your social relations where you can make new friends, play games or make business promotions. You can also share pictures, videos and tag them to your friends. It is really a good way to keep in touch with the world and make good communication.








13- Google Search: I think it is very useful tool as it teaches you some detailed techniques to make your search more efficient and direct to the point. For instance, you can do a specific files such as PowerPoint or PDFs. You can also do some calculations so you don't need to worry if you don't have  your calculator next to you. Moreover, you can choose your results by using AND or OR.         




I really enjoyed these sessions because we had the opportunity to learn several new things beside our Accounting courses.  


      Have a Lovely Holiday all 

Thank You  


No comments:

Post a Comment